Hatha Flow Yoga Retreat with Federica
Join us at YogaOnCrete and experience the lightness of body and spirit and joy of honouring and nurturing the needs of your body, mind and spirit through the practice of twice daily Hatha-Flow yoga, meditation, chanting and ritual, joyful encounters with the cool, turquoise Mediterranean waters at quiet beaches, idyllic unspoilt surroundings, and wholesome local food, excursions, a warm and welcoming group of people and much more!
This is Yoga to me: to Discover, Honour and Let our divine nature unfold and shine trough life with ALL its challenges and pains, all its beauty and infinite possibilities. This course is designed to guide the student in finding their spiritual path (sadhana), in order to live a more fulfilling, balanced and peaceful life. Yoga is not a physical exercise, yoga is a holistic system that sees the human being as body, breath, mind/intellect/ego and spirit (atman). During this course we will explore these aspect of our Beings as a journey of self-discovery and powerful awakening.
Each yoga class builds upon the next, in a slow and consistent progression that allows opening up and experiencing. No previous experience in yoga is required for participation in the course.
- Twice daily yoga classes
- Professional and experienced yoga instructor
- 7 nights' accommodation in traditional guesthouse located near beach
- 7 breakfasts and 5 dinners included
- A round trip to the beautiful Sweet Water beach
- Linen and towels provided
The week begins with an introductory yoga session at 6.00 p.m. on the day of arrival, followed by dinner.
All other days begin at 8.00 a.m. with a 1.5 hour yoga class. After breakfast guests are free to relax and enjoy the beach and sunshine, receive a massage treatment, or explore the village and region. In the late afternoon there is the dance session, and the day's programme closes with dinner. On occasion the sessions will be held out in nature, in one of our nearby quiet beaches!
The fourth day of the week is a rest day from classes, with no yoga or movement class; an optional excursion can be arranged, including a hike through the magnificent Aradaina gorge (approx. €25 depending on number of participants going).
All breakfasts and five dinners are offered at the house, while on two of the nights guests are free to dine out in the village restaurants (not included in the course cost; approx. €15 for a full meal including drinks).
Individual excursions (e.g., hikes, boat trips) can also be arranged during the week at an extra cost. On the last day of each week, departure can be arranged after breakfast.
The number of guests is limited to 14, to create a warm and friendly atmosphere, and to ascertain that individual attention is given in the classes.
The retreat will include
1) Twice daily Hatha-Flow Yoga Classes with
- Asana: starting with alignment-based work, we will find length, ease and effortlessness, in combined breath and movement sequences called Vinyasa. The different yoga sequences warm the body inside and out, developing flow, energy, strength, flexibility and grace.
- Pranayama: the science of breathing will be a fundamental tool in awakening our energy force (prana) and in understanding the connection between mind, body and emotion.
- Chanting and Meditation: devotion and stillness will be our friends in discovering our inner source of faith, compassion and gratitude.
2) Rituals and ceremonies to embrace nature in our process of learning and growing together. Lots of surprises in nature, from nature, with nature....!! Playing, Singing, Dancing are a MUST!!!
3) Lectures and Discussions in a circle/sharing form on yoga philosophy, personal development....and of course about our Life!!!
In this journey there is no teacher and no technique to memorize. We are not here to learn any new theories. We have collected so many theories that our minds seem to have lost their ability to be alert, silent and open to pure creation, which is what we seek to encourage during this week.
"See you on the mat by the sea!"
"What really inspires me in teaching yoga is to observe my students find they own inner Light that them allows them to go shining in the universe without be afraid."
Federica is a Yoga Alliance certified instructor who has practiced and studied Mysore Ashtanga, Iyengar and other forms of yoga. With a background in professional dance, massage therapy, craniosacral therapy and shamanic healing, Federica brings to her classes and workshops a wealth of background information in the mechanics of dynamic movement, energy flow and effective healing techniques. Yet, she teaches with an attitude of playfulness, acceptance and gratitude. Federica is based in South Italy where she runs Maya Yoga.
- (all inclusive) per person per week
- €520 shared accommodation in twin non-ensuite room (with use of communal bathroom).
- €600 shared en suite accommodation (3 in a room) or single non-ensuite (with use of communal bathroom).
- €650 shared en suite twin or double room.
- €820 single en suite accommodation (please note that single room availability is limited).
- €450 non-participating partner sharing a room.
- €510 work-exchange option (only one place per week): about 2-3 hours’ help per day with light household tasks (e.g., washing dishes, cleaning yoga studio) that does not interfere with the attendance of all classes. Accommodation in triple room.